Okay here we go. This is me...
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)?
Not really a yarn snob. But I do love non traditional fibers (bamboo).Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Don't know why but for some reason don't care for Red Heart; Lion Brand is fine.
2. Do you spin? I would love to spin--I should get started on that. Crochet? Besides the occasional trim on something I've knitted I do not crochet and I'm not so sure I would like to go full-force into that anyway.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? An old hat box. I have been thinking something that could showcase of the needles would be nice...
4. How long have you been knitting? Been knitting for about 3 years. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I consider myself an intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an Amazon wish list appropriately named Knit List.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like vanilla, coffee, hibiscus, lemon--ooh! I love citruses!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I LOVE chocolate. Do not care too much for candy, unless it is something exotic (or even just from another country).
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Sewing, quilting but am not great at either. I also love everything buttons.
9. What kind of music do you like? I like many types of music. Currently into folk/bluegrass/reggae. But love all sorts (should I designate a post just for music?). Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I love getting new music from others and have an ipod.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I do not like pastels. Nuff said.
11. What is your family situation? I am "married" without children. Do you have any pets? I have a fat cat aka Fatty No-Legs.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I don't care for mittens mainly because it's really not cold enough for them where I live. And I'm pretty picky about ponchos. But love scarves and hats!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love Rowan, Habu Textiles, but prefer handmade things or recycled yarn.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? No dog hair.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Recycling yarn. I want to get into knitting wire.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love things made in the round. And small things, little knick knacks for the house. I love to make knitted jewelry.
17. What are you knitting right now? Socks, can you believe it, for the first time.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love everything handmade.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Combination.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo and plastic.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No...
22. How did you learn to knit? Took a class a few years ago.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I actually like to finish things and if they don't work out (if I lag..) I rip, rip, rip and start something new. But, I do have a UFO from July 05.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I do not care for animated characters (wait till I have kids). I love robins, blue jays, cats and fish.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect? Buttons. Labor Union pins. Autographed books. 70s records. Printed corduroy fabric (vintage or not).
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I would really like to look at some cool vintage books.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Lace. I'd really like to make some beautiful lace shawls and table runners. Maybe something that would last into another generation.
30. Are you a sock knitter? We'll see after I finish my first!
31. When is your birthday? 11/21